Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Thanks to Todd Wilbur from www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I love this! I make this Kosher-Meat with a few simple substitutions.
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use oil instead)
- 1⁄2 cup leek, chopped (1 leek)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (gala)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (I substitute Parve whipping cream, found in the freezer section)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Cook leek over butter.
- Add everything except cream and sugar.
- Cook 30min.
- Blend in blender (may need to add 1/4c water).
- Add cream and sugar.
- Cook for 10min.
Lovely with apple, leek and spices!
I got this recipe from Top Secret Recipes, and have made it 4 times. Each time it has been delicious and enjoyed. To cut fat calories, I have used a lower fat cream (once even 2% Carnation) and I am very happy with this reduction.