6 hrs 30 mins
- Carla -'s Note:
Posted above the counter of the Soup Nazi's "take-out-only" Soup Kitchen is a sign laying out three important steps to buying his soup. Knowing that to violate these rules is to risk being refused service, as most of us have seen in the classic 1995 episode of Seinfeld. This is a "copycat" version of his Crab Bisque. From www.TopSecretRecipes.com P.S. The Rules 1. Stand on line & have your order & money ready when you get to the counter. 2. Tell the Soup Nazi your order & pay him. 3. Move to the far left to receive your order.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs snow crab legs (legs)
- 4 quarts water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Remove crab meat from the shells and set aside.
- 2Put half of the shells into a large pot with 4 quarts of water over high heat.
- 3Add onion, 1 stalk of chopped celery, and garlic; bring to a boil.
- 4Continue to boil for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, then strain.
- 5Discard the shells, onion, celery and garlic, keeping only the stock.
- 6Measure 3 quarts (12 cups) of the stock into a large cooking pot.
- 7(If you don't have enough stock, add enough water to make 3 quarts).
- 8Add potatoes and bring mixture to a boil.
- 9Add 1/2 of the crab and remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer 4 hours, uncovered until it reduces by half and starts to thicken.
- 11Add the remaining crab and simmer for another hour until the soup is thick.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Soup Nazi's Crab Bisque by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 188.5 mg
- Sodium 1757.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 58.3 g