Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
They say that the Soup Nazi's restaurant in New York City makes the world's best soup. If you prefer a carnivor's version of mulligatawny soup, try Mulligatawny (Indian) Soup ( Beef ). As requested, I give credit for this copycat recipe to Todd Wilbur. From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 16 cups water
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled &, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 stalks celery, with tops
- 1⁄2 eggplant, peeled & diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash marjoram
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a very large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 hours or until soup has reduced by more than half.
- Stir occasionally for the first few hours, but stir often in the last hour to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- The edges of the potatoes should become more rounded, and the nuts will soften.