2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Full-flavored jalapenos stuffed with cool cream cheese and deep-fried in a cracker-crumb coating. Serve with sweet jalapeno jelly and sour cream. Its important when you make these that you allow time for them to freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the stems from the jalapenos, then slice each one down the middle lengthwise and remove the seeds and inner membranes. Be careful to wash your hands afterwards.
- 2Poach the jalapeno halves in a saucepan half-filled with boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 3Blot with a cloth or paper towel to dry the inside of each jalapeno slice, then use a teaspoon to spread about 1/2 ounce of cream cheese into each jalapeno half.
- 4Beat the eggs in a small, shallow bowl, then add 1/4 teaspoon salt and the oil and combine with a whisk.
- 5In another shallow bowl, combine the floour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder.
- 6Add the cornflake crumbs to a third shallow bowl.
- 7Working one at a time, dip each stuffed jalapeno into the egg mixture, then into the flour mixture. Repeat, by again dipping the jalapeno into the egg and then back into the flour. Finally, dip the jalapeno back into the egg, then into the cornflake crumbs.
- 8Put the coated peppers side by side on a plate and into the freezer for at least 2 hours. This way, when the peppers are fried, the breading won't fall off and the cheese in the center won't ooze out.
- 9When the peppers are frozen, heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or deep saucepan to about 350 degrees F. Use enough oil to cover the jalapenos when frying. Fry the peppers for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until the outside is a golden brown. Drain on a rack or paper towels. Serve hot with pepper jelly and sour cream on the side.
- 11You can also make these ahead of time by frying them for only 1 1/2 minutes and then refreezing them until you are ready to serve them. Then cook the frozen jalapenos in hot oil for 3 1/2 minutes or until they are hot all the way through. You may also bake the frozen jalapenos in a 450 degree F oven on a greased baking pan for 10 to 15 minutes, turning them over halfway through the heating time.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Red Robin No-Fire Peppers by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.4 mg
- Sodium 1706.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g