Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
Make and share this TSR Version of Ragu Meat Pasta Sauce by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shredded romano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Don't think this was anything like Ragu Pasta Sauce. We eat that all the time, and this was much sweeter with the zing of seasoning. Will have to look around for another clone as this wasn't even close. Still a good flavor though.
Spaghetti with Ragu brand is my all-time favorite comfort food.. we had it often growing up, and I was glad to have found this.. unfortunately, it doesn't taste anything like Ragu.. which is surprising, because Todd is usually right-on with his clones.. actually this tasted more like spaghettios' sauce than anything.. Anyhoo, I still ate it, but I won't make this again..
I actually made this without the meat because I was looking for a mild spaghetti sauce to make Chicken Parmesan with. It tasted to me like traditional Ragu. VERY good recipe... I will try with meat next time. THANKS!!!