1/1 Photo of TSR Version of Popeyes Red Beans & Rice by Todd Wilbur
www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is a copycat recipe for my favorite fast-food side dish...Unbelievably simple to make and quick enough to satisfy my regular cravings! This Recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans (not drained)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Pour the beans with their liquid into a large saucepan. Turn the heat to medium.
- 2Add the pepper, paprika, butter and garlic powder.
- 3When the beans begin to boil, use a fork to mash some of them against the side of the pan.
- 4Stir the mixture constantly. In about 20 minutes, the beans will reach the consistency of refried beans.
- 5Prepare the rice, using the butter and garlic salt to season instead of per package directions.
- 6To serve, pour 1/2 cup of beans into a serving bowl and using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the same amount of rice on top of the beans.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Popeyes Red Beans & Rice by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 707.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g