www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is a copycat recipe for my favorite fast-food side dish...Unbelievably simple to make and quick enough to satisfy my regular cravings! This Recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.
- Pour the beans with their liquid into a large saucepan. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the pepper, paprika, butter and garlic powder.
- When the beans begin to boil, use a fork to mash some of them against the side of the pan.
- Stir the mixture constantly. In about 20 minutes, the beans will reach the consistency of refried beans.
- Prepare the rice, using the butter and garlic salt to season instead of per package directions.
- To serve, pour 1/2 cup of beans into a serving bowl and using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the same amount of rice on top of the beans.