Copy cat recipe of Popeye's cajun gravy recipe. It even has the tiny little bits of meat that the original has! Posted in response to a request.From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
cups gr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken gizzards
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup ground beef
- 1/4 cup ground pork, plus
- 2 tablespoons ground pork
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces beef broth or 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Saute chicken gizzard in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked.
- 3Remove gizzard from the pan and finely mince.
- 4Combine ground beef and ground pork in a small bowl.
- 5Smash the meat together with your hands until it's well-mixed.
- 6Add bell pepper to the saucepan and saute it for 1 minute.
- 7Add the ground beef and ground pork to the pan and cook it until it's brown.
- 8Use a potato masher to smash meat into tiny pieces as it browns.
- 9Add water and beef broth to the pan.
- 10Immediately whisk in cornstarch and flour.
- 11Add remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat and simmer gravy for 30 to 35 minutes or until thick.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Popeyes Famous Cajun Gravy by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 136.2 mg
- Sodium 1305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: