Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the portable paper pouch of seasoning. You can't buy it so the only option, other than to hoard dozens of those tiny pouches, is make it yourself. By Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Combine salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, paprika, msg, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Makes 2 tablespoons.
Nice mix. I might try this on chicken. I've been told by someone that works there that they sprinkle a cajun seasoning on it, they dip it in a wet batter, they flour it, then they fry it. I might try this seasoning mix before I wet batter it
A bit too salty for me, but living in Sweden where there are no Popeye's, I can't really tell if they're close to the original. As for my own preference, I think I will take less salt and more cayenne or some other chile pepper next time. But a clear 4/5 from me.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes Unlocked" (Penguin/Putnam)