1/1 Photo of TSR Version of Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits by Todd Wilbur
GREAT biscuit recipe. This is a copycat for Popeye's buttermilk biscuits. Please don't use salted butter in this recipe (or, indeed, in any of your baking). From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- 3Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- 4Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
- 5Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface.
- 6Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly-greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown.
- 8Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g