Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I saw this on a video on YouTube from Todd Wilbur who makes awesome recipes of some popular and famous dishes to be made at home. He said that the idea for the recipe at Planet Hollywood came from Demi Moore! The recipe can be found at TopSecretRecipes.com
- 8 chicken tenders
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Cajun Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Using a food processor, blend the Cap'n Crunch Cereal until fine. Add them to a medium sized bowl and add the corn flak crumbs. Add the seasonings and stir well. If you don't have a food processor, then put the cereals into a ziploc bag and pound to fine crumbs.
- Using another bowl, whisk together the egg and the milk.
- You may want to pound the chicken tenders to thin them out some if they need it. Dip them into the milk mixture and then into the cereal mixture, coating well.
- In a separate bowl make the mustard sauce by combining all the ingredients and mixing well. Place into fridge to chill while you fry the chicken tenders.
- Using a large saucepan, pour in enough oil to deep fry, about halfway up in the pan. Heat the oil to 350-375°F Carefully add 3-4 tenders at a time and fry for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. If you have a deep fryer, you can use that instead of using the stove.
- Serve warm with mustard sauce.
Really good flavor. Nice change from regular chicken recipes. I use the mustard sauce for everything now, from a dipping sauce to a sandwhich spread. I even change it up a bit and use it on spinach salad! Thanks for a great recipe1
very good made the dipping sauce to go with everyone enjoyed
These tenders are really good. I made them a short while back; glad to see someone posted these. They have an unexpected sweet flavor. They would be great as nuggets for a party!