Recipe by Brooke Alicia
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is my all time favorite ranch dressing and I found it at Outback. Each packet of the dressing mix hold approximately 3 tablespoons worth of mix so you can triple the recipe, or make it 3 separate times. This recipe goes great with Cheese Fries! (Prep time is chill time, but isn't necessary)
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
I doubled this recipe and when I first tasted it, right after making it, I thought too mayonnaisy, just blah. I put it in a quart jar and stuck it in the fridge and after a few hours - WOW! When my husband tasted it, he went truffling through my kitchen, looking for stuff to dip in it. He actually, no kidding, started dipping bread in the jar. He put it on his hotdogs that night. We love this!
- 1 tablespoon hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Chill at least 1/2 hour before serving which is the key step to maximize flavor.
- EDIT 4/15/2007: If you prefer a spicy, kicked up version of Outback Ranch Dressing, substitute cayenne pepper for the paprika - your spicy preferring taste buds will thank you.