1/3 Photos of TSR Version of Outback Kookaburra Wings by Todd Wilbur
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I love these wings- they are amazing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For wing coating
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kraft macaroni and cheese powdered topping (you can substitute this with "1 tablespoon taco seasoning" )
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (3/4-1 teaspoon for the "hot" variety)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons crystal louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Preheat 48 ounces of shortening (1 large can), or 6 to 10 cups of vegetable oil (use the amount required by your fryer), to 350°F.
- 2Make the spiced breading for your wings by combining the wing coating ingredients (flour through clove) in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir well. Dip each wing, one at a time into the breading.
- 4Arrange the breaded wings on a plate and let them sit uncovered in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- 5When the oil is hot, lower the wings into it. Fry for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the wings are brown.
- 6While the wings are frying, mix the hot sauce and water together in a small bowl. When the wings are done, drain them for a moment on paper towels or a rack.
- 7Drop the hot wings into a large plastic container with a lid. Pour the sauce over the wings.
- 8Cover the container and shake it to coat the wings with sauce.
- 9Use tongs to remove the wings from the container.
- 10Serve with Bleu Cheese and Celery sticks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Outback Kookaburra Wings by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1319.8
- Calories from Fat 1296
- Total Fat 144.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 405.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macaroni and cheese powdered topping