From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I love these wings- they are amazing.
Make and share this TSR Version of Outback Kookaburra Wings by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 10 small chicken wings
- 48 ounces shortening
For wing coating
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kraft macaroni and cheese powdered topping (you can substitute this with "1 tablespoon taco seasoning" )
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (3/4-1 teaspoon for the "hot" variety)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons crystal louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat 48 ounces of shortening (1 large can), or 6 to 10 cups of vegetable oil (use the amount required by your fryer), to 350°F.
- Make the spiced breading for your wings by combining the wing coating ingredients (flour through clove) in a medium bowl.
- Stir well. Dip each wing, one at a time into the breading.
- Arrange the breaded wings on a plate and let them sit uncovered in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- When the oil is hot, lower the wings into it. Fry for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the wings are brown.
- While the wings are frying, mix the hot sauce and water together in a small bowl. When the wings are done, drain them for a moment on paper towels or a rack.
- Drop the hot wings into a large plastic container with a lid. Pour the sauce over the wings.
- Cover the container and shake it to coat the wings with sauce.
- Use tongs to remove the wings from the container.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese and Celery sticks.