From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This is from top secret recipes... Chilling time is NOT included.
Make and share this TSR Version of Olive Garden Tiramisu by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil over medium/high heat, then reduce the heat so that the water is simmering.
- Whisk egg yolks, milk and sugar together in a medium metal bowl, then place the bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture often for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, and to it add the 2 cups of mascarpone cheese and the vanilla.
- Whisk the cheese until it smooths out.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until thick.
- Slowly fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until it's completely incorporated, but don't over mix or it will lose its fluff and flatten out.
- Combine the espresso and Kahlua in a large, shallow bowl.
- One-by-one, quickly dip each ladyfinger in the espresso.
- The ladyfinger will soak up the espresso like a sponge, so dip quickly.
- Arrange half of the dipped ladyfingers side-by-side on the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch serving dish or baking pan.
- Spoon about half of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers, then add another layer of soaked ladyfingers on top of the cheese mixture.
- Spoon the remaining cheese mixture over the second layer of ladyfingers and spread it evenly.
- Put two t. of cocoa powder in a tight-mesh strainer and gently tap the side of the strainer to add an even dusting of cocoa powder over the top of the dessert.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- To serve, slice the dessert twice across and down creating 9 even portions.