Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Another really good Copycat recipe! Serve with Salad and Hot Italian Bread or Bread Sticks, and offer grated Parmesan at the table.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 3 stalks celery or 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta
- Brown beef in a large stock pot over medium heat-drain off fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- After 50 minutes boil pasta to al dente.
- Drain well.
- Add pasta to the large pot of soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- (Weight Watchers Points for 1 Serving: 7).
Excellent dish. Easy to make and very tasty. Added a little more water to make it more saucy. Next time I might just make it with 2 cans of V-8. Whole family loved it.
A very hearty soup. Great flavor and presentation the whole family liked it! Great for a wintery day!
I tried this recipe even though I wasn't sure I liked pasta fagioli and I LOVED it! My husband and other adult family loved it as well but the kids weren't crazy about it (the beans). I can't wait to make (eat) it again!