1/1 Photo of TSR Version of Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake by Todd Wilbur
Chris Reynolds's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I have not tried this recipe, but it seems to be closer to the original than the other recipe posted. I want to make it soon, because I love this cake from Olive Garden! I hope I picked a good copycat recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) betty crocker white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
FOR THE LEMON CREAM FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- 1If you choose to use a different brand of white cake, use the manufacturer's directions instead of mine.
- 2TO MAKE CAKE:.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch layer cake pan or springform pan.
- 4Mix the ingredients for the cake following the procedure on box. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove cake from pan to rack to cool completely.
- 6TO MAKE THE LEMON CREAM FILLING:.
- 7In a medium-size bowl, combine cream cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in lemon juice and extract, if using.
- 8In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Using a spoon, fold cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream; set aside.
- 9TO MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING:.
- 10In a medium-size bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add butter and dribble in the vanilla extract. Cut cold butter into flour mixture until mixture is in pieces no larger than a pea. Refrigerate until ready to frost cake.
- 11TO ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:.
- 12When the cake is completely cool, cut into two layers. Reserve 1/2 cup of the Lemon Cream Filling. Spread the remainder of the filling on the bottom half of the cake. Place the second half on top. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining 1/2 cup of the Lemon Cream Filling. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the Crumb Topping, pressing it onto the sides to cover.
- 13Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- 14TO SERVE:.
- 15Cut into slices; dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 405.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 48.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g