Cook1 hr 5 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Copycat of Olive Garden's Bruschetta dip.
Make and share this TSR Version of Olive Garden Bruschetta by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 3 firm roma tomatoes, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons diced marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pinch dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Toss diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, marinated sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- When you are ready to serve the dish, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine Parmesan cheese with dried parsley in a small bowl. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a couple of pinches of the Parmesan cheese mixture over each bread slice. Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread starts to crisp.
- Pour tomato mixture into a serving dish (strain off the liquid) and serve it up alongside the toasted bread slices.
This recipe clone is from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur: topsecretrecipes.com
Wow! This was a hit! It made a light appetizer to serve along with Grilled Chicken Sandwiches With Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil and Broccoli Salad. Mine was not dry at all. I'll be making this often!
This dip could have used a bit more liquid and seasoning. Maybe additional balsamic and oil? It was quite dry with the crispy bread but still tasty. Thanks Steelers Girl! Made for PAC Spring 2008.