1 hr 17 mins
Marie Nixon's Note:
7/25/2013 - Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's version of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies www.TopSecretRecipes.com Found this on the internet where I believe the comment was that this is the most recent version of the copycat Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie. I did not see this recipe on Food.com so I thought I would add it. This recipe takes a little bit more time and effort than a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe does but the results are very, very good. I would have liked the cookies to be a little bit thicker but the taste was all there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine unsalted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in a mixing bowl of an electric mixer. Process on high speed until the mixture is the consistency of peanut butter.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla and mix well but do not over mix.
- 3In a separate large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Pour this dry mix into the wet mix and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 1/4 cup portions 3 inches apart on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- 5Place a 2 1/2 inch ring mold (or biscuit cutter) over each portion of dough and press down on the dough with your fingers so that it is molded into a circle around the inside edge of the cutter. Place the dough into your freezer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 6Preheat a convection oven to 275 degrees or a conventional oven to 300 degrees. When you are ready to make the cookies, place each frozen cookie puck onto a parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies spread quite a bit so leave at least 3 inches between cookies. My cookies spread from the 2 1/2 inch frozen dough to a 4 inch baked cookie.
- 7Bake on the top rack for a conventional oven or the middle rack for a convection oven for 20- 22 minutes or just until a couple of the cookies show slight browning around the edges. Rotate cookies half way through cooking time.
- 8Immediately slide the parchment paper with the cookies on it off of the baking sheet to prevent further cooking. Allow cookies to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before handling.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 197.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g