Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Hello, my name is Jezebel, and I am a cheeseoholic. If you share my affliction, let's indulge, shall we? From the food blog Meemo's Kitchen - possibly the most wondermous site on the entire interwebs! :) Who apparently also ganked THIS recipe from Todd Wilbur.
- Make garlic butter spread by combining butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Spread butter mixture onto one side of each slice of bread. Dip each buttered slice bread into plate filled with grated parmesean.
- Lay both pieces of bread on hot skillet or griddle and cook at the same time.
- Add 2 slices of cheese to each piece of bread, mozzerella and jack one side cheddar and swiss other side.
- When the bread has browned put pieces together to make the sandwich & trim the crust off both sides of bread, leaving the top and bottom crust on the bread.
If one were to look for the definition of comfort food, it should read this recipe, I made it last night along with Madelines tomato bisque, also found on food.com and it was the happiest meal we have had in a while, both my Son and Husband loved it, my husband who wants meat on his plate every meal, did not even notice there was none, he just kept on talking about how good it was and how we should make it more often, I grated my garlic to a paste instead of mince and used fresh flaked parmesan as it makes a better crust than the one that comes pre-grated, also, less junk on it. you will not need a press for this sandwich, just place the 2 slices of (butter-parmesan side down) bread and place your slices of cheese on top, the time it takes to crisp the parmesan cheese and the steam from the butter being gilled comes thru to the cheese on top and melts it, then when you close them together, all the cheeses blend into this beautiful, overflowing goo that does not only taste lovely but also invites you to take a nibble right away! A masterpiece.
Absolutely delicious and so easy!