Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Dark, moist, and absolutely delicious. One of the best homemade breads I have ever had.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces vegetable oil
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 ounces golden raisins
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs, molasses and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add shredded carrot and mix.
- Add raisins and walnuts and mix well by hand.
- Pour flour mixture into the other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into two ungreased 8-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until done.
Everyone who tries this loves it. I like to make muffins instead. If you make loaves be careful not to over cook, with the molasses this can pick up a burnt taste.
This bread is absolutely delicious and tasted exactly like Mimi's Cafe. I used 4 mini loaf pans so I did not have the fall in the middle problem. I also did not grease my pans like the recipe stated, but I took them out of the pan immediately while still hot. Had to wedge them out just a little with a knife, but they taste better cooked without greasing the pans.
This recipe clone is from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur: topsecretrecipes.com