Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's version of McDonald's Shamrock Shake www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I used to absolutely love it when McDonald's brought out their Shamrock Shakes around St. Patrick's Day. The past couple of years I haven't been able to have it because of the dairy, so I was thrilled when I found this copycat recipe! Just use the soy ingredients to make it dairy-free.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream or 2 cups soy ice cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk or 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 8 drops green food coloring
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Stop blender to stir with a spoon if necessary to help blend ice cream.
- Pour into 12-ounce cups and serve each with a straw.
- Happy St Patrick's Day!
McD's Shamrock Shakes are one of my husband's faves. We all loved this recipe. I added a little sea salt to reduce clumping and give because fast food shakes tend to have that slight salt taste. Just a little does the trick! Thanks for the recipe!
pretty good. My husband said it's close too the McDonald's shake but it could probably use less milk since it was pretty thin. Will make again.
Everyone loved it! What a special treat for St. Patrick's Day! Listening to others who reviewed it, I started with 1 cup of milk, and it was enough. :)