Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this in a Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes cookbook and www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough, any brand will work (I use pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- grated parmesan cheese, for topping after baking
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll the dough on a cutting board lengthwise longer from left to right than from top to bottom.
- With a sharp knife cut the dough in half down the middle. Then cut each of those halves vertically in half and then in half once more so you have 8 even strips of dough.
- Being careful not to strecth the dough place the dough on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the top just turns golden brown.
- While the dough bakes melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds then add the garlic salt and stir until it dissolves.
- Remove the browned dough from the oven and with a pastry brush or spoon spread a coating of garlic butter over the top.
- Sprinkle each with the parmesan cheese be generous and enjoy.
My family really enjoyed these. I appreciate the simplicity. My daughter is finally expressing interest in cooking and she was able to do all steps (except the oven) on her own. A great confidence boost! Thanks!