Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I LOVE Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus. I searched for a copycat recipe, and posted it here: Diet " Lipton " Green Tea With Citrus by Todd Wilbur. But I couldn't find the exact ingredients, so I modified what I could find and found that, although it doesn't taste exactly the same, it does have a similar taste and is equally delicious. The cost per serving is much less when you make it yourself, so I don't feel as badly about drinking as much of it as I do! I hope you'll try either this recipe, or the original one that was free on the Top Secret Web Site.
- 8 cups boiling water
- 4 green tea bags
- 5 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute (20 packets, articifical sweetner of your choice.)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons True Lemon crystals
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 lime, juice of
- Pour water over tea bags and steep for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and chill.
- Cooking Time is steeping time.
Very good! A few changes I made : substituted the extract for orange juice, used sweet and low and a couple teaspoons of honey! MMMmm!