1/2 Photos of TSR Version of Kraft Shake'n Bake (Original) by Todd Wilbur
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. "This recipe is practically identical to the one Kraft uses for their Shake'n Bake bread coating. The only difference you'll find is that the real Shake'n Bake contains beet powder - a hard to find ingredient that gives the mix a dark orange tint. It doesn't do much for the flavor however, so it's been left out of the recipe. Try it and you'll swear it's the same thing."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- 2Make sure the corn flakes are crushed.
- 3They should be a course powder, and the whole mixture should be rather fine, and should be well mixed.
- 4At this point you may package and store the resulting mixture away in any cool place.(Makes 1/2 cup).
- 5You can use this homemade Shake’n Bake® wherever the real product is called for.
- 6Or, continue to make Shake’n® Chicken.
- 7Prepare chicken following the same technique as described on the box of the original mix using 21/2 lbs.of bone-in chicken (6 to 8 pieces, with or without skin) or 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- 8Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit then moisten the chicken with water.
- 9Use a large plastic bag for the coating and use the same steps as described on the original package: "Shake the moistened chicken, 1 to 2 pieces at a time, in shaker bag with coating mixture.".
- 10Discard any remaining mixture and the bag.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit in an ungreased or foil-lined.
- 1215 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan until cooked through:.
- 13BONE-IN: 45 minutes BONELESS: 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Kraft Shake'n Bake (Original) by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 610.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g