Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. Copycat of KFC's Macaroni and Cheese.
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring water to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan. Add elbow macaroni to the water and cook it for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the macaroni is boiling, prepare the cheese sauce by combining the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir often as the cheese melts into a smooth consistency.
- When the macaroni is done, strain it and then pour it back into the same pan, without the water.
- Add the cheese sauce to the pan and stir gently until the macaroni is well-coated with the cheese. Serve immediately while hot.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book entitled "Even More Top Secret Recipes" (Penguin/Putnam 2002)
This didn't taste KFC but it did taste good, nice and cheesy. Very easy to make! I agree there is no need to use two pans, just do the sauce when the noddles are done and in a strainer. Add them after the sauce in all melted. Hubby said it was the best homemade he has had. I will make this again, thanks for sharing!
It was ok. Did not taste at all like KFC. I thought it was too thick and sticky. My 3-year-old gobbled it up however, so 5 stars from the kiddo.