Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons chef paul prudhomme meat magic seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canned green chili pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (hickory flavor)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 -8 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon msg (Accent Flavor Enhancer)
- 20 chicken wings
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until ingredients are well combined and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of shortening in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and MSG.
- When shortening is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- Arrange wings on a plate until each one is coated with batter.
- Fry the wings in the shortening for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time.
- Drain on paper towels or a rack.
- When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a coating of sauce.
- Serve immediately.