Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons chef paul prudhomme meat magic seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canned green chili pepper, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (hickory flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Stir until ingredients are well combined and bring to a boil.
- 3Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- 4As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of shortening in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees.
- 5Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- 6In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and MSG.
- 7When shortening is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- 8Arrange wings on a plate until each one is coated with batter.
- 9Fry the wings in the shortening for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 10If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time.
- 11Drain on paper towels or a rack.
- 12When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a coating of sauce.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of KFC Cajun Honey Wings by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7383.9
- Calories from Fat 6376
- Total Fat 708.5 g
- Saturated Fat 204.0 g
- Cholesterol 487.3 mg
- Sodium 3735.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 54.3 g
- Protein 111.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: