Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. A favorite has to be the buttermilk biscuits they are so light and fluffy they just melt in your mouth. They were made fresh daily in every store. Now due to the popular demand of these biscuits, they come frozen. This was sent to a recipe group, AARestaurant_Recipes, by tabbitha. This recipe was adapted from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup club soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups Bisquick baking mix (I found 4 cups are plenty)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine all of the ingredients, knead the dough by hand until the dough holds together do not over knead.
- Flour your hands Pat the dough flat to 3/4-inch thickness out biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 13 minutes, or until golden brown, when they come out of the oven brush with melted butter.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com. The typist left out the sugar: you need 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
These were decent. The texture was *perfect* but the biscuits still tasted like bisquick. I'll keep searching for a fluffy biscuit recipe. Thanks though!
I had this recipe at one point and lost it from my Computer! Thank you, I can hardly wait to make these again, there are a lot of recipes out there, but these are absolutely the closest thing I have found to the original! This week Homemade KFC Chicken and Biscuits, YUM!