Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's cookbook entitled "Top Secret Recipes" www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup club soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- On floured surface, knead gently until smooth.
- Roll dough until about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Delicious biscuits! I did have to add about 1/8th cup extra club soda and I had to bake them for closer to 20 minutes. Turned out great though!