From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Joe's Stone Crab knows how to make mashed potatoes special. Chunks of fontina cheese are mixed into these creamy potatoes, and the dish comes to your table with a golden crust of crispy asiago breadcrumbs. The secret blend of panko breadcrumbs, butter and shredded asiago cheese is patted down onto the potatoes, and then the whole dish is broiled until the top is golden brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
Asiago Bread Crumb Topping
- 1Peel and quarter potatoes and boil in salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- 2Drain potatoes and put potato chunks through a ricer back into the saucepan.
- 3You can also use a potato masher.
- 4Add half and half, butter and salt to the pan.
- 5Cover and set over medium low heat.
- 6Stir occasionally until hot.
- 7Stir in fontina cheese and turn off the heat.
- 8Set oven to broil.
- 9Make bread crumb topping by combining panko, asiago, paprika, parsley and salt in a medium bowl.
- 10Stir in melted butter.
- 11Spoon potatoes into a casserole dish.
- 12Smooth the top of the potatoes with a spatula, then spread the 1/4 cup cubed butter on top, followed by 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese.
- 13Use your hands to cover the top of the potatoes with the asiago breadcrumb topping.
- 14Set the dish under your broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn light brown.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Joe's Stone Crab Jennie's Potatoes by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.9
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 974.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: