Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Use the Joe's Stone Crab Creamed Spinach recipe for this.
- 4 slices beefsteak tomatoes (1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup creamed spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3 slices real American cheese (not cheese food)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange tomato slices on a baking sheet and lightly salt them.
- Combine creamed spinach with melted butter and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- Spread approximately 2 tbsp of creamed spinach on top of each tomato. Use up all of the spinach.
- Dice American cheese slices, then pile an equal amount of cheese on top of the spinach on each tomato.
- Broil the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese melts and browns. Serve hot.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3" and www.TopSecretRecipes.com