1/1 Photo of TSR Version of Jimmy Buffett's Key Lime Pie by Todd Wilbur
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This recipe is supposedly the one served at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurants. My hubby is a big, big fan of Key Lime Pie, and we've sampled them about everywhere (including several in Key West), but I'd never made one until he requested it for his birthday. This is easy, creamy, flavorful, and it fills the crust to the top. Would be good also topped with a bit of raspberry puree. * I use Plain Graham Cracker Crust for the graham cracker crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- whipped cream
- thin lime slice
- 1Preheat oven to 325*.
- 2With an electric mixer, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice.
- 3Mix just until ingredients are well-combined.
- 4Pour filling into graham pie shell and bake on middle rack for 20 minutes or until filling jiggles only slightly when shaken.
- 6Cover pie and chill in refrigerator for at least a couple hours before serving.
- 7You can also pop it in the freezer for a bit if you're in a rush.
- 8Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices, if desired.
- 9**Note, 2 cups of sweetened condensed milk is a little less than 2 cans (which come in 14-oz).
- 10**Note 2, it's VERY important, as with any key lime pie, to use actual key limes or key lime juice, as the flavor is quite different than regular limes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Jimmy Buffett's Key Lime Pie by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.6 mg
- Sodium 365.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 71.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g