Recipe by newspapergal
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This recipe is supposedly the one served at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurants. My hubby is a big, big fan of Key Lime Pie, and we've sampled them about everywhere (including several in Key West), but I'd never made one until he requested it for his birthday. This is easy, creamy, flavorful, and it fills the crust to the top. Would be good also topped with a bit of raspberry puree. * I use Plain Graham Cracker Crust for the graham cracker crust.
Top Review by mamagx3
I made this pie for my monthly bunco group and it was a huge hit! It was so easy to make and the taste is out of this world - not too tart but not too sweet - it was perfect. Definitely use real key lime juice since I truly believe it makes a tremendous difference. Quick hint: if you don't have a key lime juicer, cut the limes in half and use your garlic press. Works like a charm!
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup key lime juice
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- whipped cream
- thin lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- With an electric mixer, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice.
- Mix just until ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour filling into graham pie shell and bake on middle rack for 20 minutes or until filling jiggles only slightly when shaken.
- Cover pie and chill in refrigerator for at least a couple hours before serving.
- You can also pop it in the freezer for a bit if you're in a rush.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices, if desired.
- **Note, 2 cups of sweetened condensed milk is a little less than 2 cans (which come in 14-oz).
- **Note 2, it's VERY important, as with any key lime pie, to use actual key limes or key lime juice, as the flavor is quite different than regular limes.