Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This is a recipe that I got off of Top Secret Recipes website. It is outstanding. The dressing is the deal. Salad ingredients are up to you. Can be a main dish or side salad. Serves 10-12 as a side, 6 as a main dish.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 73.94 ml rice wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame oil
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- sliced chicken breast
- red cabbage
- fried rice noodles
- sesame seeds
- mandarin oranges or pineapple
- red onion, etc
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until sugar is dissolved.
- Put salad ingredients into LARGE bowl.
- Pour dressing over and toss when ready to serve.
Very good, and very fast. Not superb, but a nice change from typical green salads. I decreased the rice vinegar by 1 Tbsp, and thought it plenty tangy enough; we liked it. Cooked the chicken with garlic powder and soy sauce, which was the best part of the salad.
Its not quite the same as Islands Restaurant. Not as thick and doesn't have that zing. I can't figure out what it is missing. Maybe ginger? Also, they use scallions, water chestnuts, and mandarin oranges. (not pineapple and red onion) Also they use fried won ton wrappers, not rice noodles.