Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup malt vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Make the raisin puree by combining the raisins with the water in a food processor or blender.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute or until the puree is smooth.
- Measure ¼ cup of this puree into a medium saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Turn heat up to medium high and bring mixture to a thorough boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for ½ hour or until thick.
- Let sauce cool and then refrigerate it in a covered container for at least 24 hours.
I have seen this recipe posted in other places. The raisin puree consists of equal parts raisins and water. The total amount you use in this recipe is 1/4 cup puree (but the other recipes recommended making 1 cup--possibly because it's easier to get a smooth puree with more in the food processor).
When I made this it had to much of a vinegar taste. I think the next time I make it I will cut down on both vinegar amounts. If someone knows how much to cut out please let me know.
Where are the raisins in the recipe????????