Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this TSR Version of Heinz 57 Steak Sauce by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup malt vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Make the raisin puree by combining the raisins with the water in a food processor or blender.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute or until the puree is smooth.
- Measure ¼ cup of this puree into a medium saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Turn heat up to medium high and bring mixture to a thorough boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for ½ hour or until thick.
- Let sauce cool and then refrigerate it in a covered container for at least 24 hours.