Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this TSR Version of Hardee's French Fries by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over low-medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar into the water until dissolved.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch strips.
- Put the potatoes into the sugar solution and soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and dry them thoroughly on paper towels.
- The right temperature is crucial here.
- To test the oil fry a couple of potato slices for 6 minutes.
- Remove and cool, then taste.
- The fries should not get too dark too soon and should be soft in the middle.
- If the oil is too hot, turn it down and test again.
- The fries should not be undercooked, either.
- If they are, turn up the heat.
- When the oil temperature is just right, put all of the potato slices in for 1 minute.
- This is called the blanching stage.
- Take the fries out of the oil and let them cool.
- When the fries have cooled, place them into the oil again for 5 minutes, or golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate.
- Salt to taste.