My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over low-medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the sugar into the water until dissolved.
- 3Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch strips.
- 4Put the potatoes into the sugar solution and soak for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove the potatoes and dry them thoroughly on paper towels.
- 6The right temperature is crucial here.
- 7To test the oil fry a couple of potato slices for 6 minutes.
- 8Remove and cool, then taste.
- 9The fries should not get too dark too soon and should be soft in the middle.
- 10If the oil is too hot, turn it down and test again.
- 11The fries should not be undercooked, either.
- 12If they are, turn up the heat.
- 13When the oil temperature is just right, put all of the potato slices in for 1 minute.
- 14This is called the blanching stage.
- 15Take the fries out of the oil and let them cool.
- 16When the fries have cooled, place them into the oil again for 5 minutes, or golden brown.
- 17Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate.
- 18Salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Hardee's French Fries by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3097.1
- Calories from Fat 2944
- Total Fat 327.1 g
- Saturated Fat 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g