1/11 Photos of TSR Version of Girl Scout Thin Mints Recipe by Todd Wilbur
2 hrs 25 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I love these cookies when Girl Scouts sell them, and I just found the recipe on TSR! I can't wait to make them, but I thought i'd share them first!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chocolate Cookie Wafers
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package fudge cake mix
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup cake flour, measured then sifted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms.
- 2Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick.
- 5To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter.
- 6Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes.
- 8Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.
- 9Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl.
- 10Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute.
- 11Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to zap in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- 12Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 13Refrigerate until firm.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Girl Scout Thin Mints Recipe by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 41.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g