1/1 Photo of TSR Version of Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies by Todd Wilbur
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Lauren Clark's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. It's too bad you can only get Girl Scout Cookies once a year--until now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer.
- 2Add the egg and beat mixture until it's fluffy.
- 3Add the baking soda and mix for about 20 seconds, then add the buttermilk and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- 4In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- 5Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well with an electric mixer until flour is incorporated.
- 6Roll the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and then chill it for 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 325°.
- 8Roll dough out on a well floured surface to 1/8 inch thick and punch out cookies with a 1 1/2 to 2 inch cutter.
- 9Arrange cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake for 12/15 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g