Prep1 hr 5 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. It's too bad you can only get Girl Scout Cookies once a year--until now!
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and beat mixture until it's fluffy.
- Add the baking soda and mix for about 20 seconds, then add the buttermilk and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well with an electric mixer until flour is incorporated.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and then chill it for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Roll dough out on a well floured surface to 1/8 inch thick and punch out cookies with a 1 1/2 to 2 inch cutter.
- Arrange cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12/15 minutes or until golden brown.