Recipe by mariposa13
From "Top Secret Recipes, LITE!" www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by Love@24946
Our family just now enjoyed our "pollo loco". I mixed marinade ingredients in two bowls, reserving second for basting instead of marinating for 5 more minutes after cooking first 20-25 min. I left out the food coloring and only used 1/4 tsp salt for each marinade. Our meal was delicious! I served with corn tortillas, home made salsa and fresh avocados! We will definately make over and over again this summer! Thank you for sharing!
- 1⁄2 roasting chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to med/high heat. Cook the chicken on the grill, leaving the cover of the grill open. When the chicken has cooked for about 25 min, marinate the chicken once again for about 5 minute Place the chicken back on the grill and continue to cook for another 20-25 min or until done.
- Before serving the chicken, remove the skin, and serve with steamed flour or corn tortillas (low fat or fat-free) and with salsa.
- 5 Points per serving (2 pieces, 4.5 ounces).