Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From "Top Secret Recipes, LITE!" www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Make and share this TSR Version of El Pollo Loco Chicken (RF) by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to med/high heat. Cook the chicken on the grill, leaving the cover of the grill open. When the chicken has cooked for about 25 min, marinate the chicken once again for about 5 minute Place the chicken back on the grill and continue to cook for another 20-25 min or until done.
- Before serving the chicken, remove the skin, and serve with steamed flour or corn tortillas (low fat or fat-free) and with salsa.
- 5 Points per serving (2 pieces, 4.5 ounces).
Our family just now enjoyed our "pollo loco". I mixed marinade ingredients in two bowls, reserving second for basting instead of marinating for 5 more minutes after cooking first 20-25 min. I left out the food coloring and only used 1/4 tsp salt for each marinade. Our meal was delicious! I served with corn tortillas, home made salsa and fresh avocados! We will definately make over and over again this summer! Thank you for sharing!
I have never liked grilled chicken because I could never seem to find a good marinade or proper cooking instructions that worked. It was very quick and easy. This is the best chicken I have ever made on a grill! Thanks so much for sharing! I also made homemade flour tortillas to put the chicken on..outstanding!
Great! I think 4 cups water is a bit too much though, I used 2 cups orange juice and 1/2 cup water. Maybe if it were going to marinade overnight it would be okay. Otherwise the garlic and citrus is the perfect combination! Very nice!