Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This recipe is a copy-cat of the wonderful avocado sauce served at El Pollo Loco restaurants. It is great with taquitos, chicken or shrimp quesadillas. Don't expect an extremely thick guacamole, this is a thinner salsa--the consistency of the sauce you usually get with taquitos. Also, the heat of fresh jalapenos varies greatly. If you like milder salsas, remove the seeds; if you like it hot, don't bother removing them.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
- 1 fresh jalapeno, cut into quarters
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- Combine all ingredients in a blender & puree.
- Optional: For chunkier salsa, after pureeing, place in bowl.
- Mix in one diced avocado into pureed mixture.
awesome. if you're worried about it being too watery, start out with 1/2 cup and then add more if you want. i ended up adding about 2/3 cup water and it is still pretty thick. thanks, this sauce is great!
Loved this! It was definitely thin, but was great on tacos & fajitas!! I was scared by a whole jalapeno the first time I made it, but got brave the second time and it wasn't that bad!
Super delicious and super easy! I've eaten at Pollo Loco dozens of times (if not more) and this salsa is at least as good as the salsa they serve.