Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This recipe is a copy-cat of the wonderful avocado sauce served at El Pollo Loco restaurants. It is great with taquitos, chicken or shrimp quesadillas. Don't expect an extremely thick guacamole, this is a thinner salsa--the consistency of the sauce you usually get with taquitos. Also, the heat of fresh jalapenos varies greatly. If you like milder salsas, remove the seeds; if you like it hot, don't bother removing them.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
- 1 fresh jalapeno, cut into quarters
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- Combine all ingredients in a blender & puree.
- Optional: For chunkier salsa, after pureeing, place in bowl.
- Mix in one diced avocado into pureed mixture.
awesome. if you're worried about it being too watery, start out with 1/2 cup and then add more if you want. i ended up adding about 2/3 cup water and it is still pretty thick. thanks, this sauce is great!
Loved this! It was definitely thin, but was great on tacos & fajitas!! I was scared by a whole jalapeno the first time I made it, but got brave the second time and it wasn't that bad!
Taste just like Pollo Loco's!!! Made it the other day to put on some tacos.. I had to double the ingredients and made a few changes. I basically just doubled up everything but the water and jalapenos. Instead if 2 cups of water i put a cup and a half and put 1 whole jalapeno.. Came out just right.. definitely will make it again