Recipe by teatimetory
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Crispy almost-healthy fried carrots! From top secret recipes. Serve with ketchup, bbq saucem cajun mayonnaise, or white cheddar sauce.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
A nice, interesting chip, & although I have made carrot chips roasted in the oven, THESE ARE VERY TASTY, too! Just to make it a little different, I did serve them with pick-what-you-want plate of a variety of cheeses, the most eaten being the mild cheddar! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots, then slice them crosswise in half. Use a slicer to make them lengthwise, thin slices of carrot no more thn 1/16 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Drop a handful of carrot slices at a time into a hot oil. Fry the carrots for 10-15 seconds or until they turn a dark brown.
- Remove carrots and drain and cool on a paper towel.
- Serve carrots in a shallow bowl with sauce.