Recipe by spatchcock
Excellent recipe; a copycat for a very famous and widespread coffee establishment from www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Top Review by Hevdi
This drink is wonderful! I've made it several times now, and it just keeps tasting better! I do however speed up the browning of the coconut. You can put your oven to 350 and the cooking time is greatly reduced. (Only takes about 6 to 7 minutes) You need to be careful and watch the coconut though! It darkens very quickly!
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 177.44 ml strong coffee
- 236.59 ml low-fat milk or 236.59 ml milk
- 78.07 ml Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml ice
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast coconut in the oven.
- Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning.
- After 25 to 30 minutes the shredded coconut should be light brown.
- Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker.
- That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee.
- Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine cold coffee, milk, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, 1/3 cup chocolate syrup, and sugar in a blender.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve sugar.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Pour drinks into two 16-ounce glasses.
- Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining toasted coconut.
- Add a straw to each one if you want!