Recipe by jeniwan
I found this recipe a few years ago on the net, but can't for the life of me remember where.From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This meatloaf is AWESOME. The sauted veggies are what sets this meatloaf apart. They give the meatloaf a wonderful flavor while keeping things moist. My kids love it!
Top Review by BThomson
This is a great dish! Will make a believer even out of people who don't like meatloaf. We like to use mild italian ground sausage vs normal ground pork. This really is an awesome dish.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, divided into two 1/4 cup portions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat, sauté the green onion, garlic, green pepper, and carrot in vegetable oil until wilted.
- Combine beaten eggs with milk, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix bread crumbs and flour into ground chuck and ground pork with your hands. Add egg and milk mixture, sautéed veggies, 1/4 cup ketchup and mix it up using your hands.
- Press the mixture into a large loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes, then spread 1/4 cup of ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and bake it for another hour.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes after coming out of the oven.