This is a copycat recipe from www.TopSecretRecipes.com. and it is so good. This is great to make ahead and have ready on hand. Prep time for this recipe is the freezer time.
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced canned jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 5 seven inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup smashed fresh avocado (about half of an avocado)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash dried dill weed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
- Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken while it cooks.
- Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
- Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pan.
- Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan.
- Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Stir well so that the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 30 seconds or until hot.
- Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla.
- Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture.
- Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
- Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Overnight is best.
- While the eggrolls freeze prepare the avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 5-6 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
- Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of the dipping sauce.
- Garnish the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato and onion.