1/7 Photos of TSR Version of Chili's Southwestern Egg Rolls by Todd Wilbur
4 hrs 45 mins
This is a copycat recipe from www.TopSecretRecipes.com. and it is so good. This is great to make ahead and have ready on hand. Prep time for this recipe is the freezer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 5 seven inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup smashed fresh avocado (about half of an avocado)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash dried dill weed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
- 2Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
- 3Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken while it cooks.
- 4Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
- 5Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
- 7Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pan.
- 8Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan.
- 9Cook for another 4 minutes.
- 10Stir well so that the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese.
- 12Stir until the cheese is melted.
- 13Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 30 seconds or until hot.
- 14Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla.
- 15Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture.
- 16Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
- 17Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
- 18Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 19Overnight is best.
- 20While the eggrolls freeze prepare the avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 21Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
- 22Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 5-6 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
- 23Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of the dipping sauce.
- 24Garnish the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato and onion.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Chili's Southwestern Egg Rolls by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 1092.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets