Cook2 hrs 45 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Posted in response to a request. The recipe was given to me by Miller, who is still with us in spirit. Thanks Miller!
- Make the barbecue sauce by combining all of the ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer sauce, stirring often, for 45 to 60 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- When you're ready to make the ribs, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Brush sauce over the entire surface of each rack of ribs.
- Wrap each rack tightly in aluminum foil and arrange the packets on a baking sheet with the seam of the foil facing up.
- Bake for 2 to 2ï¿½ hours or until the meat on the ribs has pulled back from the cut ends of the bones by about ï¿½ inch.
- When the ribs are just about done, preheat your barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ribs from the foil (careful not to burn yourself- the liquid inside will be hot!) and grill them on the barbecue for 4 to 8 minutes per side or until the surface of the ribs is beginning to char.
- Brush sauce on both sides of the ribs a few minutes before you remove them from the grill.
- Just be sure not to brush on the sauce too soon or it could burn.
- Serve the ribs with extra sauce on the side and lots of napkins.