1/5 Photos of TSR Version of Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup by Todd Wilbur
1 hr 10 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. The dish is one of Chili's most raved-about items. I ordered this when I was at lunch with my sister. Had to get two bowls to go!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet (approx. 3 fillets)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed, to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crumbled corn tortilla chips
Pico de Gallo
- 1Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side.
- 3Set chicken aside.
- 4Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent.
- 5Add chicken broth.
- 6Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
- 7Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
- 8Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- 9Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot.
- 10Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- 11Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 1240.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 17.3 g