1/2 Photos of TSR Version of Chi Chi's Sweet Corn Cake by Todd Wilbur
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Copy Cat Recipe. Here's another...My Daughter loves this!! I have a feeling I'll be making this often:O)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blend butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 3Add the masa harina and water to the butter and beat until well combined.
- 4Put defrosted corn into blender or food processor and with short pulses, coarsley chop the corn on low speed. You want to leave several whole pieces of corn.
- 5Stir the chopped corn into the butter and masa harina mixture. Add cornmeal to the mixture and combine.
- 6In another medium bowl, mix together the sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder. When the ingredients are well blended (NOTE: It turns out much better if you blend till it's thick & creamy), pour the mixture into the other bowl and stir everything together BY HAND.
- 7Pour corn batter into an ungreased "8x8" baking pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Place this pan into a "9x13" pan filled 1/3 of the way up with hot water. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the corn cake is cooked through. When the corn cake is done, remove the small pan from the larger pan and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- 8To serve, scoop out each portion with an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon(NOTE: 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup works great, press "cake" in cup to form before placing on plate) .
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Chi Chi's Sweet Corn Cake by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 200.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g