1/1 Photo of TSR Version of Chi-Chi's Mexican Fried Ice Cream by Todd Wilbur
Chef #226871's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Fried ice cream that actually is never fried. It is really good!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry each tortilla, one at a time in hot oil over medium/high heat until crispy. This should take about one minute on each side.
- 2Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- 3Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over both sides of the fried tortillas, coating evenly. Not all of the sugar mixture will stick to the tortillas and that's okay.
- 4Combine the other half of the cinnamon mixture with the cornflake crumbs in another small bowl. Pour the cornflake mixture into a wide shallow bowl or plate.
- 5Place a large scoop of ice cream in the cornflake crumbs with your hands roll the ice cream around until the entire surface is evenly coated with cornflake crumbs. You should not be able to see any ice cream.
- 6Place the ice cream scoop on the center of the cinnamon/sugar coated tortilla.
- 7Spray whipped cream around the base of the ice cream. Spray an additional pile of whipped cream on top of the ice cream. Put a cherry in the top pile of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Chi-Chi's Mexican Fried Ice Cream by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.2
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g