From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Fried ice cream that actually is never fried. It is really good!!
Make and share this TSR Version of Chi-Chi's Mexican Fried Ice Cream by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- Fry each tortilla, one at a time in hot oil over medium/high heat until crispy. This should take about one minute on each side.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over both sides of the fried tortillas, coating evenly. Not all of the sugar mixture will stick to the tortillas and that's okay.
- Combine the other half of the cinnamon mixture with the cornflake crumbs in another small bowl. Pour the cornflake mixture into a wide shallow bowl or plate.
- Place a large scoop of ice cream in the cornflake crumbs with your hands roll the ice cream around until the entire surface is evenly coated with cornflake crumbs. You should not be able to see any ice cream.
- Place the ice cream scoop on the center of the cinnamon/sugar coated tortilla.
- Spray whipped cream around the base of the ice cream. Spray an additional pile of whipped cream on top of the ice cream. Put a cherry in the top pile of whipped cream.