1/6 Photos of TSR Version of Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira by Todd Wilbur
mary winecoff's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I had this wonderful dish with my sister in Florida. Now I can make it at home. I had a hard time getting the sauce to thicken so I added cornstarch. This recipe reflects that. It also makes a LOT of sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bella)
- 3 cups madeira wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and using a mallet flatten to about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Saute chicken for 4 to 6 minutes or until the chicken has browned just a bit.
- 5Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 6Do not clean pan.
- 7Keeping the heat on medium, add two Tablespoons olive oil to the skillet.
- 8Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for about two minutes.
- 9Add the Madeira wine, beef stock, butter and pepper.
- 10Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- 11The sauce will be done when it has thickened and turned a dark brown in color.
- 12(optional-Make a paste from cornstarch and some of the sauce. Stir into sauce until thickened.).
- 13As the sauce is simmering, bring a medium saucepan filled halfway with water to a boil.
- 14Add a little salt.
- 15Toss the asparagus into the water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 16Drop the asparagus in a bowl of ice water to halt the cooking.
- 17Set the oven to broil.
- 18Prepare the dish by arranging the cooked chicken fillets on a baking pan.
- 19Cross two asparagus spears over each fillet, then cover each with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- 20Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 21To serve, arrange two chicken breast on each plate, then spoon 3 or 4 tablespoons of Madeira sauce over the chicken on each plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1062 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.3
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.9 mg
- Sodium 1609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 69.5 g