From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This is a favorite with Italian-style grub.The recipe comes from Carrabba's Restaurant. They serve the spices on a small plate and the waiter adds olive oil, then you are set to dip your bread. YUM YUM! TIP: Chop all spices in small chopper and store them in a small container in the refrigerator, since a little goes a long way -- that way you can have it anytime.
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Italian is best)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients, EXCEPT oil and lemon.
- Put in a small food processor (I used my little food chopper). Chop briefly until all ingredients are about the same.
- Stir in oil and lemon juice.
- TO SERVE: Combine about 1 1/2 teaspoons spice blend to 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil on a small Dish.
- Dip sliced bread in mixture.
- French bread is good.