Recipe by iluvclayaiken1978
I haven't tried it yet, but it is the recipe for the Burger King Whopper, so tell me how it is! This is from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes. www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by lazyme
We really enjoyed this burger. I did make the patties thicker, and we added some cheddar cheese. It was easy to make and totally enjoyed. Thanks iluvclayaiken1978 for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1 hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 dash salt
- 3 slices dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 3 -4 raw onion rings
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high.
- Toast both halves of the bun, face down, in a hot skillet.
- Set aside.
- Form the beef into a thin patty slightly larger than the bun.
- Lightly salt the hamburger patty and cook on the barbecue grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Build up the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up: bottom bun, hamburger patty, pickles, ketchup, onion rings, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, top bun.