I haven't tried it yet, but it is the recipe for the Burger King Whopper, so tell me how it is! This is from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes. www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high.
- Toast both halves of the bun, face down, in a hot skillet.
- Set aside.
- Form the beef into a thin patty slightly larger than the bun.
- Lightly salt the hamburger patty and cook on the barbecue grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Build up the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up: bottom bun, hamburger patty, pickles, ketchup, onion rings, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, top bun.