1/3 Photos of TSR Version of Breakfast Burritos McDonald's by Todd Wilbur
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. "This famous food chain begun offered breakfast back in the late seventies, shortly after introducing the Egg McMuffin. The company quickly realized the potential of a quick, drive-thru breakfast, and developed several breakfast selections. The Breakfast Burrito was introduced in 1991, and nowadays, one out of every four breakfasts eaten on the is from McDonald's."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Crumble the sausage into the pan, then add the onion.
- 3Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned.
- 4Add the mild green chilies and continue to sauté for 1 minute more.
- 5Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the sausage and vegetables.
- 6Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- 7Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.
- 8Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.
- 9To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese in a tortilla.
- 10Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then fold up about two inches of one end.
- 11Fold over the other side of the tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open).
- 12Serve hot with salsa on the side, if desired.
- 13Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 14Makes 4 burritos.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Breakfast Burritos McDonald's by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 218.9 mg
- Sodium 782.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g