From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. "This famous food chain begun offered breakfast back in the late seventies, shortly after introducing the Egg McMuffin. The company quickly realized the potential of a quick, drive-thru breakfast, and developed several breakfast selections. The Breakfast Burrito was introduced in 1991, and nowadays, one out of every four breakfasts eaten on the is from McDonald's."
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Crumble the sausage into the pan, then add the onion.
- Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned.
- Add the mild green chilies and continue to sauté for 1 minute more.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the sausage and vegetables.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.
- To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese in a tortilla.
- Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then fold up about two inches of one end.
- Fold over the other side of the tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open).
- Serve hot with salsa on the side, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Makes 4 burritos.
I wanted to add something to your recipe, I worked at McDonalds for 9 years. Your recipe is pretty much spot on except you are missing tomatoes. They add chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese instead of slices. They also reconsistute dehydrated onions instead of minced onions. Pretty close though. Thanks for the recipe.
Delicious! I can make 6 McDonald's-sized burritos (or 4 REAL burritos!) for about $1 . Thanks for posting!
this was so easy and so delish,, it totally tasted like the one from mac donalds, except the eggs werent microwaved and all ingredients were fresh and not frozen :) thanks for posting this,, when i get a min in the day i will upload the pics i took
thanks for posting